The Health Coach is the missing piece of the puzzle. While health and wellness coaching is a relatively new profession, the idea behind it is really rooted in how we, as women are wired. As functional nutritionists and health coaches, we help you work with your unique body, and take into consideration the specifics of your lifestyle and how it affects your health and well-being.
At first glance, you may think what a health coach does is not much different from a conventional dietician, nutritionist, or a diet program. However, there are some subtle nuances that make the coaching approach superior in terms of creating sustainable and positive changes rather than yet another Band-Aid solution.
As Functional Medicine Practitioners and Eating Psychology Coaches:
- We know that DIETS DON’T WORK. If they were going to, they would have by now. Instead, as a nation, we are heavier, more unfit, more unhappy and unhealthy than ever before. It’s time for a paradigm shift.
- We recognize the significance that stress plays in our lives and that to really resolve the symptoms and dis-ease that so many of us are dealing with, we must first address the levels of chronic stress in our daily lives.
- We realize that as mid-life women, the disruption that can happen to our systems as a result of hormonal changes can be significant and by rebalancing our hormones as part of the root cause, we’re able to “get back to ourselves” more quickly and easier.
- We understand and work with the concept of bio-individuality. While there are definitely more commonalities than differences between us, that does not mean that the differences do not matter. We take a client-driven approach. We create individualized plans for our clients based on their needs, lifestyle, and health conditions rather than the standard one-size-fits-all meal plan based on a cookie-cutter approach or yet another fad diet.
- We believe that to be great coaches we must also be great consultants with a deeper understanding of our hormonal, digestion, and detoxification body systems.
- We approach nutrition as “whole foods”, rather than compartmentalizing them into individual nutrients such as calories, carbs, proteins, fats etc. Why? Because of the synergistic relationship of the various components when they are ingested in the form of whole foods delivers much more benefits than when they are evaluated as individual nutrients.
- With our health coaching programs, which last over the course of several months, with sessions that last 30-45 minutes (so they’re laser focused and time efficient), we am able to support our clients as they progress through their transition and transformation. As partners, we focus on sustainable lifestyle choices and building healthy habits, resulting in more meaningful and positive behavioral changes.
- Our coaching is goal, action and results oriented. Our approach focuses on implementation and integration, so that healthy changes become a natural part of your life.
- Because we live in an age of information overload – we know that you don’t need more information, you need to know what information to use and how to make it work in your life. We also recognize that it’s still a bit of the “Wild Wild West” when it comes to nutritional theories and that we must remain flexible, current and at times, experimental to insure we get the best outcomes.
- We test, we don’t guess. Using empirical lab testing and qualitative analysis we are able to assess your current health status much more quickly and efficiently which helps us create the best customized program to get you looking and feeling better, faster.
- We understand that it’s STILL not about the food. How we use food in our lives is a complicated matter and transforming that relationship can lead to lasting changes not only in how we deal with food but also in how we manage our other important life domains.
- Our programs deal with the four quadrants of health and wellness; how we think, eat, move and supplement.
- Instead of treating the symptoms, we work with our clients to get to the underlying causes of their health concerns. We look at how issues such as stress, emotional distress, physical activities, lack of “soul nourishment” and more, affect our overall well-being. We help our clients cultivate the awareness to improve all areas of their lives.
- We support our clients to work with their body on healing itself so that they can eventually reduce the amount of medication that they rely on. And who doesn’t want that?
- Instead of forcing our clients to stick to some “plan” which does not work for them, we first listen to our clients’ needs and concerns, then work with them to get over blocks or resistance, making any behavioral changes they make stick.
We Are Your Health Advocates
As your Functional Nutritionists and Health Coaches, we support you to live your life to the fullest. Working with us, you will get:
- SOUND ASSESSMENT and plan of ACTION that is realistic, practical and actionable
- GUIDANCE to implement changes that work with your lifestyle
- SUPPORT to course correct and stay on track
- ACCOUNTABILITY that leads to success that lasts a lifetime
What is NOT TAKING ACTION Costing You?
Chances are, if you invest in your health and wellness, you will recover your investment and more through savings in medications, doctor’s visits, unnecessary supplements, fad diets, ineffective treatments, as well as increased productivity and fewer sick days. Plus, it’s so interesting that the majority of women that work with us find they earn big raises and promotions within a year of their work here, because when you look good and feel good, you’re so much more efficient and productive AND more fun to be around. All great changes to enhance your career.
Plus, who can put a price on more vitality, less stress, better relationships, and a happier existence?
To find out if health coaching is right for you, we invite you to set up a Discovery session during which we will discover how we can support you for a healthier, happier life. Just click the button and claim your spot. Let’s Chat!