Here’s our latest recipe that tastes great and is super healthy. Dandelion greens are fabulous for your digestion and detoxification systems. They also pack a nutritional punch. Perfect for the woman on the go!
Serve them raw in this salad recipe with fresh goat cheese and apples for added flavor. If you don’t have apples in season, or stored, substitute any firm fruit that’s in season.
You can embellish this salad with the colors of the season by sprinkling in any of our ‘SuperSalad Substitutions’ listed below.
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, washed and dried, stems removed
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- 3 T. olive or nut oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 lb fresh white goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c. walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black or white pepper, to taste
- Whisk vinegar, oil, mustard, honey, salt and pepper together.
- Pour over greens and toss lightly.
- Top with goat cheese, nuts and apple.
SuperSalad Substitutions (or Add-ins)
- Baby Spinach
- Red Onion Slivers
- Shredded Carrots
- Yellow Pepper (diced)
- Pear, Mandarin Orange or Asian Apple
- Pomegranate Perils (seeds)
- Instead of Goat Cheese, try Farmer’s Cheese (want to know more about Farmer’s cheese, read here –>> http://bit.ly/1nglFn2)
Image via theflexiblefoodie.com